We have moved!

Our beads are now found HERE. We will no longer be updating new beads on this blog. You can also choose to subscribe to this feed whenever we update our gallery. Thank you!

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Have you caught the Nonya fever?

There's been so much hype about our local drama serial "The Little Nonya". Sad to say, as I did not catch the first few episodes, I stubbornly refused to catch up and follow through the rest of it. Guess I'll wait for the rerun now! *__*

I too, have the Peranakan blood. Dad's parents are the true blue ones and my mom became a convert after marriage. ^__^ I too must rave that she cooks absolutely wonderful Peranakan dishes which she picked up from my mama (what I called my dad's mother). My ji-hia (what I call my 2nd brother) is also very involved in reviving our local Peranakan culture and is actively producing music for Main Wayang.

Now I would also like to take the opportunity to share with you about this unique culture - the clay beads way! If you are familiar with colors of sarong kebayas that the nonyas wear, then you can look forward to my next batch of beads to be of the closest kind! I am in the midst of researching for designs and I think it will be interesting to make jewelries out of them. Wearing a little Peranakan culture on you will be truly unique.

Do visit my blog again for more updates of the sale of beads. Hopefully soon as I am still in the midst of sorting out my priorities.

I am ending this post with 2 pictures I had taken at our Peranakan Museum some time back to give you a better idea about the beautiful colors I am talking about. Hope to see you soon.

  © Blogger template 'Salji Fuji' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP